Vincentric determines its Best Value in America awards based on cost-of-ownership by measuring eight different cost factors: depreciation, fuel, insurance, opportunity cost, financing, maintenance, taxes and state fees, and repairs.
The 10 segment winners were highlighted by Toyota receiving the brand level award for the passenger car segment, in addition to its nine model-specific awards. The remaining nine model-specific segment awards captured by Toyota included:
- 4Runner – SUV, Mid-Size (third year in a row)
- Avalon – Large (six-time winner)
- Camry Hybrid – Mid-Size Hybrid Sedan
- FJ Cruiser – SUV, Compact
- Highlander Hybrid – SUV, Mid-Size Hybrid
- Land Cruiser – SUV, Mid-Size Premium (fourth year in a row)
- Prius – Compact, Advanced Fuel Technology (six-time winner)
- Tacoma – Compact Pickup (seventh year in a row…more than any other vehicle)
- Venza – Crossover, Mid-Size (two-time winner)
NOTE TO EDITORS: Photos to accompany this story are available and can be retrieved in digital form by media without charge at http://www.toyotanewsroom.com.